02 June 2009

соседство


this is where I live! somewhere in the top left, I live on the 9th floor.


found a tennis club in my neighborhood - "tennis for children and adults!"


my room! my bed's on the left, the one in the back is empty, and my roommate Hannah's is behind me on the left.


literally a two minute walk from our front door - the Gulf of Finland! not the prettiest beach, but hey, how can you complain about a seaside residence?


view from my window. there are ALWAYS kids playing soccer out there!



I'm uploading these from a great кафе which has FREE wi-fi. It's a 30 minute metro trek from my apartment, which is on the EDGE of the city, and a 10 minute walk to the nearest metro station. We're really out of the way. But getting into the busier areas is so worth it, and this cafe is perfect. I'm still finding my way around and learning the streets and areas, but I'm definitely getting better. I've stopped smiling at strangers, because I've learned that if you smile at someone, you're considered pretty stupid. I'm going to have to become a much more serious soul to fit in here... but I'm working on it ;)

1 comment:

  1. Hey Lily,

    It looks like you're having a great time! When do classes start? Can you put up some pictures of these famous "White Nights?" What's the weather like?

    ReplyDelete