27 June 2009

Белые Ночи


Last night our group took a "White Nights tour", where we were taken to significant parts of town from 11pm-2am. Kerry, our director, is on the left. On the right is Joelle, a woman from France who joined us on our tour and was really fun to talk to. I told her I took French for 2 years a long time ago, and she tried to speak with me in French...thaaat was interesting. In the pink pants and striped shirt is Sara, our roommate from Finland who stayed with us for a month. She left this morning after a long night out, and our new roommate from Switzerland just arrived about an hour ago.


An incredibly fun college-aged girl named Olga led our tour, and also helped me with my Russian - she was great! She gave me her email, and I think we might go out for tea sometime. My camera died halfway through the tour, so some of the cooler pictures are on my disposable red-flash camera. Can't wait to get those developed!



I like the way this one accidentally turned out...



And here's our old & new theme again... stretch Hummers are everywhere, and the Church on Spilled Blood is no exception!



night-time canal, approx. 1-2 am?



from our kitchen window at 3am

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you're having such a great time! I showed my mom all of your pictures and now she can't wait til I go. When do you come back?

    ReplyDelete