24 June 2009

across the water

the Gulf of Finland from Peterhof - Peter's summer playground with fountains galore. This is a huge public park now on the other side of the Gulf from St. Petersburg, about 45 minutes away.



The whole place was swarming with tourists, which wasn't ideal. Whenever I'm at a historical residence or place of personal importance to somebody, I always like to wander around it as if I live there. (The Russian Museum was particularly good for that, because there weren't as many people and many of the rooms were still furnished and decorated like it was when it was lived in.) I couldn't picture this place as private grounds though because (besides Nevsky Prospect) it was easily the most crowded place I've been.

I did find a few areas on the edges that were lovely and less occupied, and enjoyed the gorgeous weather.



This is my favorite wall I've found. The color is so rich, and so time worn in the best way possible.


ohh look at those colors. mmm.


No comments:

Post a Comment